Reporting to the Director of Grants and Consumer Education, the Grants Research Associate will work to advance FAIR Health’s grant-seeking activities related to its consumer mission and research program. The Grants Associate will play a key role in researching and proposing potential opportunities for grant funding and will assist in the writing and editing of materials including letters of intent and grant proposals.
Grants Research Associate Responsibilities:
- Research and propose potential grant funding opportunities to support initiatives related to research and to the expansion of FAIR Health consumer-facing initiatives; develop a good working understanding of each potential funder’s goals and strategies;
- Conduct preliminary research (e.g., literature reviews) to inform grant-funded projects and proposals;
- Write, edit and proofread materials, abstracts, letters of intent and grant proposals;
- Manage the grants application process by: compiling necessary documentation for proposals; submitting, managing, tracking applications; developing internal reporting systems; maintaining excellent historical records;
- Develop and maintain materials related to the FAIR Health dataset and research program;
- Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of grant-funded projects; and
- Assist in preparation of grant-related materials, including summaries of project progress and evaluation summaries.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in a public health discipline.
- Two to four years’ experience including but not limited to: grants research, application process, planning, implementation and evaluation of grant-funded projects and proposals.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Knowledge of the healthcare landscape;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent analytical and research skills;
- Attention to detail; and
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
Writing samples required.