Anchor Health –
Are you looking for a work place where you can make a genuine difference?
Company Culture that feels supportive, genuine and appreciative of all?
Anchor Health is committed to the communities of which we serve, the patients and families we have the honor of caring for and the EMPLOYEES who have chosen us as their work family.
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs hospice care services specific to each patient/family which includes instruction and evaluation in the home. The professional nurse is accountable to the Director of Patient Care Services for implementing the patient plan of care and communicating each patient needs to the Interdisciplinary team. The professional nurse is also responsible for communication and collaboration with community physicians as well as family members regarding individual patient care. Anchor Health offers competitive salaries, great benefits and a compassionate work environment.
1. The Hospice Team Nurse provides professional nursing care to patients by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
2. . Assesses and evaluates patient s status
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
4. Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
1. The Hospice Team Nurse completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient s condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the patient s needs and reports changes in the patient s condition; obtains/receives physicians orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
1. Graduate of a National League of Nursing accredited school of nursing.
2. Current licensure in State of CA and CPR certification.
3. Registered nurses shall have a minimum of one (1) year of experience as a professional nurse within the last three (3) years; OR have a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by the National League of Nursing and a current RN license.
Minimum of two (2) years experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health, home care, or hospice nursing is preferred.
4. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising hospice aides.
5. Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
6. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or crouching.
7. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
Associated topics: case manager, case management, development manager, manage, office manager, project, program management, project development, project management, resource development