Funders for LGBTQ Issues
Job Posting: Human Resource & Administrative Associate (Remote)
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Finance & Administration
FLSA: Non-exempt (Full-time)
About Funders for LGBTQ Issues
Funders for LGBTQ Issues is a network of foundations and corporations dedicated to increasing the scale and impact of philanthropic resources aimed at enhancing the wellbeing of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer communities, promoting equity, and advancing racial, economic, and gender justice; We provide three key services for the field of philanthropy:
- Convening & Collective Action – We convene grantmakers committed to LGBTQ issues so that they may connect with one another, learn from each other, coordinate their efforts, and maximize their impact. We host working groups and initiatives on specific topics to help funders shape funding strategies and leverage opportunities for new philanthropic partnerships. Through participation in other philanthropic conferences and partnerships with other funder networks, we also broaden our reach and ensure LGBTQ voices are present in vital funding conversations.
- Outreach & Support Services – We conduct individualized outreach and engagement of funders not currently funding LGBTQ issues to demonstrate how LGBTQ issues intersect with a range of grantmaking priorities. We connect with allies in foundations not yet funding LGBTQ issues and work with them to build institutions that are more inclusive and responsive to LGBTQ communities.
- Research & Communications – We produce an annual tracking report and other special reports to monitor the charter of LGBTQ funding in order to identify trends, gaps, and opportunities. Our reports on domestic and global LGBTQ funding are considered the field’s most reliable and useful source of data on resource flows to LGBTQ communities. Many of our reports have been cited by academic journals, think tanks, non-governmental organizations, government agencies, newspapers, blogs, and other media.
Funders for LGBTQ Issues has a long history of tracking LGBTQ grantmaking by both U.S; foundations and international institutions. The organization is the premier hub for information and resources related to LGBTQ philanthropy. Funders for LGBTQ Issues prides itself on living its values internally and externally. The Human Resource & Administrative Associate plays an instrumental role in upholding our values and operationalizing our mission.
Overview of the Position
The Human Resource & Administrative Associate will play an important role in increasing the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness; The three key areas of responsibility are:
- Supporting the Senior Vice President of Finance and Administration through strategic human resources (75%);
- Supporting the President through various executive administrative duties, including managing the President’s schedule, travel arrangements, and expenses (15%);
- Supporting the Board of Directors, assisting with the management of the board of directors and its committees, including scheduling board meetings and committee meetings (10%).
The Human Resource & Administrative Associate will play an important role in strengthening and streamlining organizational systems. The successful candidate will love building out smart systems, and creating a first-in-class work environment – whether a benefits analysis spreadsheet or a new workflow for performance management. The job will include a wide range of tasks large and small, but patience for people based on administrative minutiae and for managing up are a must. Experience in philanthropy is not required for this position, but we are seeking candidates with a passion for LGBTQ issues and social change and a deep curiosity and interest in understanding the world of funders. The position will work closely with the SVP of Finance and Administration and the President.
Manage human resources functions of the organization.
- Advise on and implement strategy, policies, guidelines, regulations, and practices while monitoring systems to identify human resource trends for betterment of organization;
- Strategize and activate people and culture initiatives and analytics such as Employee Engagement Surveys, Performance Reviews and organizational learning and development initiatives using general human resource internal management reporting tools;
- Provide Managers with the necessary support for continuous learning, training, and development of their teams;
- Develop and execute action plans as a result of Employee Engagement Surveys, Benefits Evaluation Survey, 360/180 Performance Reviews, Internal External Executive Team Survey, Consultant Demographic Survey, Onboarding/Offboarding Survey, Phone Candidate Process Survey, Final Candidate Process Survey;
- Review and update main human resource pillars: Employee Engagement, Total Compensation, Performance Management, and Learning & Development;
- Review and update auxiliary human resource supports: People Analytics and Talent Acquisition Process;
- Contribute to the compilation of the annual budget through Benefits Evaluation Survey analysis which in turn impacts the annual Personal Manual Update;
- Lead Total Compensation research and update existing Pay Scale Equity Calculator™ which guides air and equitable practices driven by organizational values;
- Responsible for up-to-date and reliable employee data and handle all employee-related documentation for on- and off-boarding, employee status and job changes through BambooHR (HRIS system);
- Manage the end-to-end talent acquisition process and counsel Managers in the selection of candidates using BambooHR’s applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Liaison with healthcare broker and healthcare provider(s) for onboarding, offboarding, and providing staff with high touch service;
- Manage payroll process and leaves and absences; Administer benefits such as medical, dental, vision as provided by the organization.
Executive and administrative support for the President.
- Manage the President’s calendar, including scheduling of meetings and booking of travel arrangements;
- Assist in logistics for meetings, convenings, and member events;
- Work with the President to assure high-quality relationship building and efficient follow-up for the organization’s members, funders, trustees, and other key stakeholders;
- Provide administrative support for the President including follow-up on meetings and conferences.
Board of Directors support
- Work with the President and the Board of Directors to coordinate the logistics of all board meetings, including document preparations, travel arrangements, and venues;
- Coordinate scheduling of all board meetings and board committee meetings.
- Attend board meetings and take minutes;
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of board documents and tools, such as board dockets, orientation materials for new board members;
Other possible opportunities and cross-team support
- Participate in staff-wide projects, organizational planning, fundraising, and events;
- Participate in other meetings and activities as assigned.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and personable, combining a love of people with a love of well-organized systems; They will have an aptitude and energy for “managing up” for a friendly but busy executive and board of directors.
Some prior experience working in an office setting is required, as well as a passion for LGBTQ philanthropy and social change; Additional requirements are as follows:
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Preference towards early adoption of technology and an ease with new technological platforms and tools; the candidate will be leading the following: BambooHR, Culture Amp, Asana, ADP, and Expensify; the candidate will be using the following: Zoom, Dropbox, Survey Monkey and Salesforce;
- Experience with office management and working with vendors;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel; Powerpoint a plus;
- Ability to prioritize and manage ever-shifting priorities;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote team.
Salary range is in the mid $70,000s depending upon experience; Excellent benefits, including full medical, retirement plan contributions, and generous holidays and vacation schedule; Flexible work hours, including the ability to work from home occasionally, are friendly to balancing work and personal obligations.
Calls will not be accepted.
Funders for LGBTQ Issues is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building the leadership of people of color, women, transgender and gender non-conforming individuals; Funders for LGBTQ Issues does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, age, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, HIV serostatus, disability, or marital status.