The Finance & Administrative Manager (FAM) is an integral member of NFPRHA's operation team. The individual will perform and/or professionally facilitate daily office management functions, paying high attention to our customers, staff, funders, and consultants. The FAM will be the first point of contact for our accounts payable and receivable functions. The person will work closely with the Senior Finance Director to ensure the accounting activities have been performed and recorded accurately and timely in preparation for the organization's annual audit. Other finance duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will have a desire for continued learning and a good sense of humor.
- Process accounts payable and receivable accurately and on a timely basis. Verify invoice accuracy and ensure necessary supporting documentation is present. Maintain payables ledgers by posting expense transactions.
- Collect all reconciled credit card statements and record them into the accounting system.
- Maintain all accounting schedules, files, and analyses required for financial reporting and audits.
- Collaborate with the Senior Finance Director on completing a smooth month-end close process. Ensuring monthly activity is recorded timely and accurately.
- Coordinate with the Senior Finance Director on the annual audit.
- Monitor day-to-day financial operations such as payroll entries, invoicing, and grants management.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for all program leads.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and requirements.
- Prepare financial statements for interim and annual donor reporting.
- Prepare vouchers and payment requests for operational expenses to be processed by gathering documents and related information.
- Review all vouchers and payment requests from other departments for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist in resolving account discrepancies by investigating documentation.
- Maintain financial security and confidentiality by following internal accounting controls.
- Maintain historical financial records by correctly filing accounting documents, both paper and electronic.
- Collecting and reviewing all timesheets that have been completed by staff and approved by supervisors.
- Perform a range of office functions, including ordering/maintaining supplies and equipment and coordinating with the building management to ensure efficient and effective office operations.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend hardware, software, and applications to support NFPRHA business. Maintain an accurate equipment and software inventory schedule.
- Collaborate with the NFPRHA's outsourced IT vendor to review and recommend updates to IT infrastructure required to meet ongoing NFPRHA operational needs.
- Serve as the point of contact for NFPRHA's office support vendors including outsourced IT, phones, cell phones, office equipment, building management, etc.
- Perform office reception functions, including ensuring phone and visitor coverage, ensuring visitors are cleared through the lobby area security, and having the appropriate person(s) greet them in the NFPRHA reception area.
- Organize and maintain accurate and readily retrievable electronic and paper filing systems.
- Strong commitment to NFPRHA's mission of supporting family planning & reproductive health network.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office Suite.
- Ability to work with multiple projects, priorities, deadlines, and adjust as needed.
- Excellent customer service skills for internal/external customers and vendors.
- Proven ability and desire to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Project management – a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Two years of facilities management experience.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to adjust strategies and work plans in real-time.
- Ability to manage accounts payable/receivables and their impact on the general ledger.
- Ability to draft correspondence and present financial data as needed.
- A minimum of five years of accounting or finance experience and a strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- A minimum of two years of experience working on enterprise systems or databases such as Blackbaud FE/FENXT.
- Hands-on experience with new accounting software implementations.
- Two years of experience monitoring multiple foundation grants and donor restricted grants.
- Background and credit check required.
- Salary range is $ 70,000 – $80,000. Commensurate upon experience.
- Generous benefits package to include:
- Employer sponsored health, dental and vision.
- Employer sponsored short/long-term, and life coverage.
- Employer contributions to a 403(b) plan.
- Paid time off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Federal Holidays
- Administrative days