NALCAB – The National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders strengthens the economy by advancing economic mobility for Latino communities. NALCAB is the hub of a national network of more than 120 mission-driven organizations that are anchor institutions in geographically and ethnically diverse Latino communities in 40 states, Washington DC and Puerto Rico. Members of the NALCAB Network invest in their communities by building affordable housing, addressing gentrification, supporting small business growth, and providing financial counseling on issues such as credit building and homeownership. As a grant maker and US Treasury certified CDFI lender, NALCAB supports the work of its member network with capacity building resources, capital and policy advocacy, and access to funding and technical assistance.
• Responsible for supporting asset management activities, property management activities (internal and third-party).
• Assist with compliance with all regulatory agencies and funders.
• Monitor trend analysis on portfolio performance.
• Understand and assist with utilizing underwriting guidelines and financial software to evaluate loan applications. • Actively support with the development and management prospective of loan opportunities from multiple sources including managing a Pipeline report.
• Assist NALCAB’s Director of Lending and Asset Management in improving NALCAB’s underwriting and loan/investment policies and practices; operating practices; and marketing and outreach practices and materials.
• Coordinate and schedule virtual meetings using various video conferencing platforms (Zoom, WebEx, and Goto Meeting)
• Approximately 25% travel.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience and success in working with low-to-moderate income, minority and immigrant communities.
• Experience using loan servicing software such as, DownHome Solutions or similar.
• A minimum of three years’ experience in small business and real estate lending.
• A financial background with a strong understanding of non-profit founded balance sheet, income statement and cash flow analysis and loan underwriting.
• Ability to write well, communicate verbally in a succinct and persuasive manner, and interact effectively with a wide range of individuals, e.g., colleagues, lenders, funders, low-wealth and minority borrowers, and technical assistance providers.
• Strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills, including a high level of attention to detail and ability to work independently.
• Non-profit sector experience.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish – strongly preferred).
• Experience with alternative lending and credit enhancement programs, Cooperative regulated financial institution lending, SBA, NSP, USDA, CDFI, New Markets Tax Credits and other federal related lending programs.
• Experience with Social Impact Investing.
• Experience with debt and equity financing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Experienced in community economic development and asset building.
• Ability to work in culturally and ethnically diverse environments.
• Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs, including MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Experience in video conferencing platforms such as, WebEx, Goto Meeting, and Zoom.
• Multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Ability to work independently within a fast-paced environment.
• Perform all the intellectual and analytical requirements of the position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; Five (5) or more years’ related experience.
Full –Time position
$56,700- $69,300 commensurate on education and qualifications
Location of Employment
San Antonio, Texas
Please click the link to apply https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27399841