The National Hemophilia Foundation is dedicated to finding better treatments and cures for inheritable bleeding disorders and to preventing the complications of these disorders through education, advocacy and research. Established in 1948, we are based in New York City with chapters throughout the country. NHF’s programs and initiatives are made possible through the generosity of individuals, corporations and foundations as well as through a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
NHF Is now looking for a Manager of Accounting to join our team. The Manager of Accounting is responsible for all areas related to financial reporting, assists in developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, assistance with tax and regulatory reporting and the support of budget and forecast ensures compliance to GAAP, and NHF’s accounting policies and procedures. Areas of support will also include planning and monitoring of cash flow. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees National NHF chapters’ accounting activities
- Oversees account payable and credit card processing
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Analyzes, ensures accuracy and submits monthly and quarterly financial reports with analytical support to the Controller for review.
- Analyzes various General Ledger and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Prepares budgets, forecasts and financial analysis for the assigned grants and contracts.
- Assists the Controller to develop policies and procedures that improve the effectiveness of internal controls.
To qualify for this unique opportunity, our ideal candidate should have the following skills, education and experience:
- BA/BS in accounting or finance
- 5+ years accounting experience required including general ledger accounting, financial reporting and account analysis for non-profit organizations.
- Master or CPA is a plus.
- Attention to details and accuracy, planning and organizing, information and task monitoring, problem analysis.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines is required.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills are required.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, advanced accounting procedures and principles, non-profit industry standards a MUST.
The programs and initiatives of the National Hemophilia Foundation are staffed by talented individuals who have the passion, drive and skills necessary to fulfill our mission. NHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer, appreciates and values individual differences and welcomes diversity in its broadest definition. We are committed to promoting an inclusive organizational environment of dignity and respect.
In order to attract and retain a high performance workforce, we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment, an excellent benefit package and salary that is commensurate with industry standards.