Marketing and Development Associate
- Reports to Director of Development and Communications
- Bucks County, PA Location
Join the dedicated team of a financially strong 41 year-old 501(c)(3) charitable organization with 25+ staff committed to strategies to expand its impact because of rising need for housing and food security.
Bucks County Housing Group is a leading voice and catalyst for expanding housing and food access as essential elements of health and economic growth. It works with all sectors (business, civic groups, governments, professional, academic, faith-based, education) to promote education and dialogue about housing affordability and larger issues of community and economic development. BCHG operates the two largest pantries in Bucks County, owns and manages multi-family apartments, operates family homeless shelters and housing programs, and counsels clients from the homeless to first-time home buyers.
The Marketing and Development Associate position will function to broaden our reach to donors, allies and friends, so BCHG may help the community to its maximum capacity, continuing as a force for positive change in the lives of thousands.
Specific duties include working alongside Director to:
- Content development:
- Describe or publicize organization’s ambitions, achievements, and upcoming events
- Rally support from the public through press releases, website updates, and various social media
- Create blogs, toolkits, talking points, infographics, advertisements, presentations, graphics, and material for social media and other digital communications
- Coordinate our website and social media presence to spread awareness, engage supporters, and drive donations. Manage Search Engine Optimization through Google Ad Words
- Work alongside the Director of Development and Communications to develop and execute agency marketing strategies
- Shape and implement internal communications content
- Support fundraising through gift processing and receipting, donor correspondence, donor database management, and assisting with event planning
Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Experience:
- Education: Degree from an accredited college or university required
- Formal marketing or business education are assets.
- Marketing and/or fundraising work experience are preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Strong writing and research
- Social media knowledge and experience
- Organized with the ability to work on multiple projects on deadline
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365
- Knowledge/experience in SEO is an asset
- Proficiency in Adobe suite products is an asset
- Fundraising database experience preferred
- Knowledge of gift processing and receipting, including IRS regulations is an asset.
- Familiarity with WordPress is an asset.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.