Math Champs Department Director
US Math Recovery Council® (USMRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering educators to advance students’ mathematical thinking and success. Math Recovery transforms numeracy education through customized and unique professional learning with meaningful assessment and instruction.
We currently have an opening for a full-time Math Champs Department Director.
The Math Champs Director is responsible for the planning, direction, and oversight of the Math Champs department. Math Champs is an area of US Math Recovery Council where we partner with schools, districts and families to deliver individualized math acceleration, intervention, and support services directly to students.
This is a leadership position that requires visioning, leading others, managing culture, managing change, solving problems, and making decisions. The position also requires effective teamwork with the other departments in the organization.
- Key contributor to the strategic planning process for the overall organization. Works directly with the director team to establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures.
- Work collaboratively with Implementation departments to support strategies for sustainable implementation efforts using Math Recovery services and products.
- Build upon the current Math Champs service to meet the needs of today’s students, educators, and educational systems; advancing student achievement and developing strategies to support collaboration between Math Champs service and Tier 1 instruction.
- Oversee and ensure the efficient running of daily operations pertaining to stakeholder communication, scheduling, reporting, and evaluation of Math Champs service.
- Develop and coordinate learning experiences for full and part-time Math Champ instructors in Math Recovery assessment and pedagogy; support high quality virtual and face-to-face 1:1 and small group instruction.
- Develop and manage an annual budget and operational metrics.
- Develop and manage a positive, team focused culture and establish relationships with members, clients, and community partners.
- Ensure that the appropriate systems, staffing, and procedures are in place to properly and reasonably support Math Champs services. Work with team members removing roadblocks and helping employees achieve excellence.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in an education related field
- 5+ years of experience leading the implementation of educational services
- Experience using educational programs with students and teachers
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of K-12 educational structures and the variety of K-12 education entities
- Experience planning and implementing educational services and product implementations at scale
- Supervisory and leadership skills
- Analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Able to travel as needed
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a full time, salaried, exempt, remote position.
- The salary range for this role is between $96,000-$105,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- PTO (vacation and sick)
- 11 Paid Holidays + 3 Personal Holidays
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the US Math Recovery Council will honor your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
Equal Opportunity Employer