The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of nursing is seeking a 100% Medical Assistant II to work at the Outpatient Transplant Clinic.
Duties to include:
- Under direct supervision of physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or registered nurse,
- Performs technical, patient care and related clerical functions in an ambulatory setting.
- Duties may involve the use of electronic word/data processing equipment and/or conventional office equipment.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States is Iowa’s only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: Day shifts Monday – Friday. 40 hours per week will be accomplished between the hours of 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Location: UIHC Main Campus
Pay Grade: 8
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Certification or registration as a Medical Assistant or completion of a recognized one year Medical Assistant Program, or Completion of a health care profession program with a curriculum incorporating elements of a Medical Assistant program including but not limited to: pathophysiology, medical terminology, basic pharmacology and medication administration including dose calculation and psychology
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program accredited by ABHES or CAAHEP, graduation from a college with institutional accreditation by regional or national accrediting agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education, or LPN licensure is required.
- Medical Terminology
- Public Contact/Customer Service
- Certified Medical Assistant is preferred.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact …@uiowa.edu.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Medical Assistant II
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Level: 08
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Mason Garcia
- Contact Email: …@uiowa.edu
Equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance or accommodations with the application or interview process may contact University Human Resources/Faculty and Staff Disability Services,(319) ###-####…@uiowa.edu . For jobs in UI Health care, please contact UI Health care Leave & Disability Administration at319-###-####.
Associated topics: antibody, dietary, drug, metabolism, nutrition, pharmacometrics, protein, therapeutic, trauma, virus