Operations Manager – Full Time
Justice At Last is the only independent, nonprofit law firm in the San Francisco Bay Area exclusively serving the legal needs of survivors, regardless of their age, gender identity, nationality or type of trafficking. Justice At Last provides free legal representation that emphasizes dignity and is survivor-centered, culturally sensitive, trauma informed, and rights-based. The Justice At Last team includes advocates and activists from the social justice and human rights community who collectively have decades of experience providing support services and fighting for the rights of trafficked survivors. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can contribute to a greater cause, your talent and skills will be recognized, and you will be constantly challenged to grow, then join our team today!
ABOUT THE JOB
The Operations Manager serves an essential role within our team with many responsibilities including coordinating the internal operations and infrastructure of our organization. This person will support the day-to-day operations, and assist and work closely with the Executive Director with planning, administration, vendor/contractor relationships, board support and event coordination to make sure our offices run smoothly. The Operations Manager will drive our internal communications, manage the data collection systems and provide general tech troubleshooting support to ensure the full utilization of our operational functions. This person is a highly collaborative leader who works hands-on to support the finance, development and program needs to help achieve the organization’s goals. The successful candidate will be a detailed-oriented professional who can effectively multi-task and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment supporting trafficked persons.
- Manage office infrastructure and operations including office space maintenance, supplies and materials.
- Assist with timekeeping, reporting and data tracking required of payroll and grants.
- Manage office budget.
- Manage organizational accounts, files and passwords.
- Maintain our management systems & tools (Airtable, Box, Microsoft Office, Toggl, others that may be added) and support staff to use them and troubleshoot as needed.
- Identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement of our data management system (Airtable), document management system (Box), and exploring and implementing additional enterprise software as needed.
- Select, acquire, configure, deploy, maintain, and decommission equipment and devices.
- Design and document new processes (operations, contracting, billing, etc.) as our organization grows and evolves.
- Contribute to long-term strategic decision-making by providing research, analysis, and thought-partnership to effectively scale the organization through rapid growth.
- Participate in planning, evaluation, and strategy sessions to assess impact and to achieve organizational goals.
- Develop, implement, and monitor annual Operations department work plan.
- Provide logistical support for Board of Directors’ communications, committee work, and meetings.
- Provide logistical support for hiring, onboarding, and performance review processes.
- Oversee special projects as needed and collaborate with members of the broader Justice At Last team in activities related to the overall achievement of organization-wide goals.
Administrative and Logistical Support
- Provide administrative and logistical support to management, including calendar and communications management, travel arrangements, and managing logistics and administrative needs for organizational meetings and events as needed.
- Support Justice At Last’s Executive Director in day-to-day activities related to organizational and administrative needs such as scheduling.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission, values and aspirations and be able to render these values into practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, finance, communications or related field or equivalent lived experience.
- 2-5 years of work experience in an administrative/office/operations management role required and experience in nonprofit management is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Google Docs required.
- Customer-service focused with a calm, courteous and attentive professional demeanor.
- Detailed oriented and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Highly organized with the capacity to quickly problem solve and enhance office efficiency.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Driving and working out of our offices throughout the San Francisco Bay Area as needed is required.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to support the mission and diverse partners of Justice At Last.
This is a full-time at-will exempt position with an annual compensation range from $60,000 to $73,000 depending on experience. Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave and health care package included. Professional development, including training and conference attendance opportunities. While this position is currently virtual due to COVID-19 it is based out of our main San Francisco office and there will be requirements to work out of our satellite offices located throughout the Bay Area as needed. Mileage and parking costs reimbursed when working offsite from the main office.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume email@example.comPlease include the title of the job in the subject line and answer the following questions: What about our mission inspires you? What has been your most impactful work or life experience so far, and why? This position opened until filled.
Justice At Last has a Vaccination Mandate Policy and proof of a COVID-19 vaccination or a reasonable medical or religious accommodation must be provided on hire.
We strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented communities to apply. Justice At Last is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and encourages survivors of human trafficking to apply for all employment opportunities. Justice At Last does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior contact with the criminal justice system, or any other basis prohibited by law. For this position, the candidate must not have been a client of Justice At Last within the last 2 years.