For those who want to invent the future of health care, here’s your opportunity. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Post Acute Case Manager is responsible for the direct management of the field based staff that support public sector population in the state of IL. Working with ages from birth to geriatric in the home and community setting concentrating on providing holistic case management services to members who are receiving or may be in need of medical daycare services or personal care assistant services. Will be traveling into member homes and medical daycare settings to conduct in depth assessments and set up plan of car. The care coordination team facilitates, promotes and advocates for the members ongoing self-sufficiency and independence.
50 – 60% local travel and 10 – 15% statewide travel required in this position
Want more flexibility, want more autonomy? Work from your own home and coordinate a visiting schedule that is mutually beneficial to you and the member’s we serve.
- Interview, hire, discipline, evaluate and mentor a diverse care coordination work force
- Facilitate the smooth onboarding process of new employees by supporting the local BSL team following all relevant processes related to onboarding
- Responsible for communication and mentoring members of the care coordination team to ensure long-term and home and community base d care guidelines, policies and procedures are followed
- Monitor performance of staff including service performance and adherence to establish utilization and care coordination benchmarks
- Perform ride along visits with each assigned CC to observe and evaluate FSC field visits
- May be required periodically to staff a case load of members, when dictated by census fluctuation or staffing overage
- Satisfactorily complete member initial visits and assessment, and develop member service plan
- Run various reports via Excel and Microsoft Word
- Registered Nurse with active and unrestricted license in the state of IL or Social Worker
- Bilingual- Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years Case Management experience
- 3+ years of relevant health care experience, preferably in managed and/or long-term care
- 3+ years supervisory/management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in vertically-matrix organizations
- Intermediate to Advanced user of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience providing care coordination to persons receiving long-term care and/or home and community based services
- Working knowledge of Medicaid/Medicare regulations
- Experience in chronic disease management
- Experience working in/or managing a field based staff
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That’s why you’ll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Case Manager, Supervisor, Supervisor Case Management, CCM, Field Case Manager, managed care, care coordination, Medicare, Medicaid, chronic disease, managing staff, holistic, assessment, Chicago, IL, Bilingual, Spanish
Associated topics: business development, case manager, case management, development, development manager, office manager, plan, project, project development, resource development