ABOUT CP UNLIMITED: Constructive Partnerships Unlimited (CP Unlimited) advocates for and supports people with all types of intellectual and developmental disabilities in the Greater New York Metro area. Throughout Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, and the Hudson Valley, CP Unlimited offers a broad array of programs and services tailored to the unique needs of each county in which it operates. These programs include but are not limited to options for community living, day programs and services, vocational employment programs, medical and clinical services, early intervention, and educational, recreational, and family support services. The organization looks forward with excitement to the next chapter in its history. For more information, please visit cpunlimited.org.
FUNDING: CP Unlimited has a current annual operating budget of approximately $240 million. The primary sources of revenue are primarily government grants and contracts, Medicaid, and philanthropy.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Reporting to the Board of Directors, the President and CEO will work in close partnership with the Board and staff to collectively develop a strategic and business plan to chart the future course of the organization. The CEO provides oversight for the management, administration, and financial wellbeing of the organization and is the chief representative of CP Unlimited to the constituencies it serves. In partnership with the Board, the CEO will increase visibility and awareness of CP Unlimited, forge and foster relationships with government agencies, referral sources, funders, and community partners, and serve as an ambassador for the agency. He/she/they will also ensure that programs and services are consistent with the organization’s core mission and meet the highest possible quality standards and measurable outcomes. Overall, CP Unlimited currently employs a team of 2,400.
- Compassion and genuine commitment to the CP Unlimited mission and vision.
- Extensive history of effective senior leadership in a not-for-profit human services organization or equivalent government experience.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a volunteer board of directors.
- A strategic thinker capable of forecasting short- and long-term objectives.
- A connector and networker.
- Able to serve as a thought leader in the field.
- Successful experience helping to secure private philanthropic support.
- Strong business and financial management skills.
- Current with trends facing human service providers; familiarity with the NYS IDD regulatory environment.
- Commitment to best practices, continuous quality improvement, and outcomes measurement.
- Polished communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with marketing/branding/positioning.
- Track record of recruiting, fostering, and advancing a diverse team with a focus on equity, inclusion, access, and belonging.
- A team builder and motivator.
- Familiarity with value-based payment plans and the managed care environment.
- A pledge to treating staff, clients, and families with compassion, dignity, and respect.
- Ability and willingness to attend day/evening/weekend community events and to serve as a visible member of and spokesperson to the community served by CP Unlimited.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree in public administration, business administration, educational administration, or special education is desired.