The Children’s Home of York was established in 1865 to provide services to the orphans of the York County community. Since then we have transformed to provide a continuum of care that meets the evolving needs of the children and families in our community. The landscape of human service and mental health treatment is rapidly changing and we must be able to respond in kind.
It is more important than ever to cultivate lasting partnerships, engage younger donors, improve brand identity, and develop unique approaches to juvenile mental health support and services. If you want the opportunity to help shape the future of our organization and to make a lasting impact on the lives of children in your community, apply.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, develop the strategic direction of the organization to ensure the delivery of high quality, relevant, and effective programs & services.
- Oversee all functional areas to include Marketing & Development, Finance, Human Resources, Programming, and Administration
- Develop effective programs through expansions, new offerings, and/or partnerships.
- Actively participate in business development and implementation of plans for public relations, fundraising, trust development, planned giving and marketing of programs and services offered by the Organization.
- Maintain regular contact with major decision-makers on the local, county and state levels for the purpose of business development.
- Oversight and accountability of fiscal operations, in alignment with budgetary concerns, strategic plans, and ethical conduct.
- Ensures all programs and services are in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Collaborate with and enlist the Board of Directors in the successful operation of the Children’s Home of York. Participates in all regular meetings and supports all committee meetings as outlined in the Bylaws.
- Master’s Degree in Social Services, Business Degree or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of senior-level nonprofit organization experience, including leadership and supervision of employees.
- Proven track record of success in a leadership position overseeing the daily operations of an organization of similar size.
- Demonstrated ability in fundraising and working effectively with community providers and local, state and federal agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Child and Family Services landscape and ability to navigate and develop and deliver a slate of programs and services to meet goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a vision, strategy, and actionable plan with measurable results.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive relationships with various stakeholders including the Board of Directors, community-based organizations, staff, funders/donors, volunteers, and community.
- Solid knowledge of budgeting, financial management, and marketing.
- No-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage for the employee
- No-cost life and accidental death insurance & long-term disability coverage
- 403B Retirement plan with 5% employer contribution after one year of service
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
- Time off benefits (sick, vacation, personal holidays)
- Employee Assistance Program
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer