Essential Job Functions
- Working closely with the PLS Director, organize and execute all aspects of the PLS, which include: overseeing conference registration; selecting and scheduling workshop proposals; coordinating with event venue liaisons; updating the website; creating marketing materials; communicating with presenters; recruiting volunteers; creating and collecting survey data; maintaining event budget; selecting menus; and additional event tasks as needed.
- Lead workgroups and/or subcommittees to organize a statewide blended learning PLS that aligns with UAN’s organizational strategic goals and outcomes.
- Process Afterschool Professional Development Incentive applications.
- Maintain eLearning Institute and National Afterschool Association membership database.
- Assist PLS Director in creating and providing progress reports to the UAN Board of Directors, UAN stakeholders, as well as federal and state agencies and funders.
General UAN Duties
- Provide additional organizational support as needed (i.e. communications, marketing, website updates).
- Maintain all appropriate budgetary documentation regarding travel and other work-related expenses.
- Participate in organizational strategic planning meetings.
Requirements | Education | Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of combined three years: experience and strong commitment to the out-of-school time field; experience in youth development; planning high quality events; and/or marketing and communications experience.
- Available to work a minimum of 8-10 Saturdays per year.
- Access to a vehicle or transportation for traveling statewide.
- Maintain a valid Utah Driver’s License and motor vehicle insurance.
- Excellent computer skills (see below).
Knowledge | Skills | Abilities
- Ability to effectively adapt to organizational initiatives with many moving parts, including the ability to operate as an effective tactical and strategic thinker.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and online/website software (Qualtrics, Adobe, Google Docs, Joomla, etc.).
- Strong time and organization management with the ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Comfort and ability to adapt to changes in a small, fast-paced, dynamic nonprofit environment.
- Self-directed, problem solver, innovative, calm under pressure, and independent decision maker.
- Experience maintaining budgets and budget documentation.
- Regular full-time non-exempt position
- 100% healthcare coverage for employee or a health stipend
- Dental (employee pays full premium)
- 401K (3% employer contribution)
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement for work-related travel
- 12 paid holidays
- Salary: Starting at $41,000 annually