The Volcker Alliance is committed to cultivating a diverse team and inclusive workplace. We strongly believe that building a team whose members draw upon different lived experiences and offer myriad perspectives is critical to advancing our mission. To empower the public sector workforce to solve the challenges facing our nation, the Volcker Alliance needs employees who are as diverse as America, each bringing different insights into the work of government in communities across the country. We believe our success hinges on engaging employees who are Black, Indigenous, and people of color. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically excluded and marginalized communities.
The Volcker Alliance is a nonprofit founded by former Federal Reserve Board Chairman Paul A. Volcker, dedicated to advancing his vision of an empowered public sector workforce. As the stewards of Mr. Volcker’s legacy, our goal is to support the public sector workforce by strengthening public service education, championing public service values, and providing strategies to help public servants deliver better results.
The Program Associate will play a key role in helping the Alliance advance its mission and vision and will work closely with internal teams as well as external stakeholders. The Program Associate will:
- Assist with project management and coordinate efforts with external partners to advance programmatic efforts;
- Draft and finalize documents in support of programmatic work, including meeting agendas and notes, presentations, speeches and talking points, reports, and email correspondence;
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings, workshops, conference calls, video conferences, or other special events, including preparation and/or distribution of materials and documentation;
- Conduct research in support of programmatic efforts;
- Assist with contract and grants management;
- Draft original written content for our website, blogs, reports, and other outlets;
- Represent the Volcker Alliance at conferences, meetings, and workshops; and
- Work closely with our hard-working team to develop and execute organizational strategy, taking on a range of tasks as directed.
The Volcker Alliance seeks energetic and engaged applicants. Key qualifications include:
- A passion for the Volcker Alliance’s mission, and eagerness to learn more about effective governance and public service;
- An undergraduate degree, graduate degree a plus;
- Three to five years of work experience, government work experience a plus;
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills;
- Flexible self-starter and critical thinker who is comfortable trying new things and building new skills;
- Comfort working independently as well as in teams;
- Highly organized, with a disciplined work ethic;
- Deft proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and emerging technological platforms;
- Knowledge of public budgeting and finance a plus;
- Experience with database and/or survey management preferred; and
- Highly motivated to have an impact and make change.
The Alliance offers a comprehensive benefits package with a strong work life balance. The Alliance is committed to providing the Program Associate with a range of opportunities to hone professional skills and explore career interests. The position is office-based in NYC, but applicants should be willing to work virtually depending on the timing of the hire and the progress of the pandemic.