The Hawaiʻi Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations (HANO) is seeking a full-time Programs Associate to support its nonprofit training and engagement services. This position reports to HANO’s Director of Professional Development.
HANO is seeking a Programs Associate to primarily support the Director of Professional Development, Learning Events Manager and Engagement and Operations Manager to keep programs and constituent engagement organized and on track. This is a full-time position in a hybrid-working environment that asks for work discipline and an interest in supporting Hawaii’s nonprofit sector alongside a dedicated, high-spirited and joyful team. HANO team members are in continual communication and have developed a collaborative and supportive work environment. The successful candidate will also have a clear understanding of alignment with HANO’s core values and culture.
- Assist with identifying, securing, and coordinating event logistics, including:
- venue reservations and coordination
- food and beverage coordination
- tracking RSVP and registration orders
- preparing materials
- coordinating on-site set-up, check-in, clean-up
- Assist with creating promotional flyers
- Assist with managing, tracking, and reporting on program participation
- Assist with budgeting, invoicing, and tracking revenue and expenses.
- Assist with grant reporting and tracking
- Assist with preparing PowerPoint or Google Slides presentations
- Data input for programs and accounting activities
- Provide administrative support including scheduling, filing, organizing and preparing physical and electronic materials
- Coordinate travel arrangements including air, hotel, transportation and restaurant reservations
- Support special projects and annual HANOCON conference planning
- Help support an environment that ensures high quality performance toward the organization’s mission
SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms); willingness to learn and navigate HANO’s database system powered by Neon CRM and other webinar production platforms; Light design program skills (i.e., Canva) desired but not necessary
- Good communication skills; comfortable communicating with compassion and understanding through email, phone, web conference, social media, and in-person interactions.
- Friendly; works well and collaboratively with different types of personalities. Personable and helpful to HANO staff, other HANO contractors, Board members, volunteers, prospective program participants, and guest speakers and instructors.
- Reliable. While there is some flexibility in work hours, the Programs Associate is expected to provide reasonable time during normal business hours and in-person support of scheduled events and regular staff meetings. The Programs Associate will have access to HANO systems and guidelines for implementing their duties, but will be expected to effectively work independently, based on mutually agreed on priorities, and to exercise confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Organized and detail-oriented. Ability to accurately enter and track data and to proof communications
- Ability to calmly work on different projects in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to pitch in to help others
- Can-do attitude, resourceful, creative and solutions-oriented
- Willingness to participate, share thoughts and perspectives in open team conversations and to ask for help when needed
- Aligns with HANO’s DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) and Decent Work values and initiatives
- Interest in contributing to our team’s mission to unite and strengthen our nonprofit sector to improve the quality of life for everyone in Hawai‘i