The Project Coordinator should be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and able to handle complex competing priorities with a portfolio including research, committee coordination, board of directors’ communications, meeting preparation and overall project management.
The qualified candidate for this position will bring a mix of positive energy, adaptability, decisiveness, creativity, and critical thinking skills, as well as a “roll up the sleeves attitude” towards their work. The person best suited for this opportunity must be extremely agile and thrive in a fast-paced environment and is a consistent and empathetic communicator. The ideal candidate is tech savvy, exceptional at time management, organized, and a problem-solver.
The Project Coordinator must have a service mentality dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations of our membership as well as an ability to prioritize their needs and requests as they arise.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete a broad variety of tasks for the President & CEO including managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing email and other correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas; and compiling briefing documents for travel‐related meetings.
- Manage special projects as needed by the President & CEO: prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow‐through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President & CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Work closely with the President & CEO to ensure organization goals are aligned with project timelines and that project status, challenges, and resource needs are clearly communicated to and addressed by the President & CEO.
- Serve as a close partner to the President & CEO to support the successful execution of board of directors’ meetings, executive committee meetings, committee meetings, and various projects related to the work of the board of directors.
o Responsible for the creation of project timelines for all board and other committee meetings, tracking deliverables, and ensuring the team and colleagues are on schedule to meet deadlines.
o Along with the General Counsel, manage all required Board committee meeting reporting and record keeping
o Assist in the onboarding of new Board members, and updating records of Board membership
o Responsible for ensuring superior in-person, hybrid, and remote meeting experiences for Board members, working directly with NYBA’s Operations team and outside vendors to ensure all details – including, but not limited to, accommodations, travel, meeting logistics, and catering – are organized efficiently and effectively, while meeting the highest standards of service.
o Manage OnBoard, our cloud-based governance platform and maximize the deliverables best fir for NYBA.
- Provide external relationship management support to enable the President & CEO to cultivate, facilitate and manage key relationships with members, allies, government, and elected officials.
- Other duties as assigned include project management of special projects, event support and initiatives.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- BS or BA degree preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in office management systems and procedures, preferably in the association and/or non-profit field.
SKILLS AND ABILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- A positive attitude and an earnest interest in providing quality customer service to our members, stakeholders, and partners.
- Ability to maintain healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with executing a communications strategy across a variety of digital platforms.
- Knowledge of or experience in the financial services industry helpful.
- Relationship-building and social skills to collaborate with peers, organizational leadership, and membership.
- Strong business acumen and best practices to achieve organizational excellence.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Strong Personal Computer (PC) skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Zoom communications and scheduling, Internet research experience, a basic knowledge of any Content Management System (CMS) and basic PC troubleshooting.
New York Bankers Association is committed to public health and to the safety and well being of our colleagues and guests. We have adopted a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption. This position is on site.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $70,000 annually. Salary offerings will ultimately depend on prior experience, education and other qualifications.
- Employer-Sponsored Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance)
- Disability, Life Insurance, and Personal Accident Insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Generous paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Personal Days, and Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Commuter Benefits
- 401(k) option
- Hybrid work (office and remote)
- This position is hybrid: on-site/work from home.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS – NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume (with the subject line: Project Coordinator, Executive Office) to NYBA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that NYBA only accepts applications for this position via this email address.