The Oberkotter Foundation – Hearing First seeks two highly organized, detail-oriented Project Manager Associates. One will serve the organization’s Communications Department, the other our Learning Program Teams. These individuals work to support all aspects of their team’s initiatives including activities related to videography, photography, content development, production, and records management.
The ideal candidate has experience as a marketing/communications account or project manager, and would feel a strong commitment to Oberkotter Foundation and Hearing First’s mission and work. The Foundation was created by Paul and Louise Oberkotter in 1985 with the focus of funding causes related to deafness. Its current mission is helping families ensure their children who are deaf or hard of hearing have opportunities to reach their full potential through listening and spoken language. The Oberkotter Family’s legacy permeates the lives of families across the country through leadership, grant making, and Hearing First®, its growing educational endeavor reaching expectant parents, families of children with hearing loss, and the professionals who serve them nationwide.
The Project Manager Associate must be a collaborative team player with a strong background in coordinating tasks, deadline-driven timelines, workflows, and team members to ensure successful outcomes. Experience in communications, or marketing-specific project management, a plus.
Oberkotter Foundation employees work remotely from communities across the United States, and gather in person quarterly or more frequently, conditions permitting. The position requires a standard Monday – Friday schedule with flexibility for in-town meetings and travel.
Distinct duties and responsibilities:
- The Project Manager Associate for the Communications Team will coordinate content development including graphics, handouts, videos, blogs, social media content, email campaigns, newsletters, text messaging, and communications specific projects as assigned
- The Project Manager Associate for Learning Programs Team will coordinate platform setup, review, learner communications, CEU certificate distribution, video tracking, transcribing and uploading, as well as post course evaluation, as assigned
Both Project Manager Associates have the following project management duties and responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively to plan for, coordinate and manage Learning Programs projects
- Develop detailed project plans, assign tasks, and monitor progress, workflows, and team workload to ensure all deliverables are completed and quality standards are met within expected timelines
- Schedule, prepare agendas for, convene, and manage follow-up tasks from regular team planning meetings
- Maintain updated project workflows, timelines, tasks, and manage outstanding questions, for all projects and ongoing content development tasks in the project management system
- Provide regular reporting and status updates to project teams, other key staff, and consultants
- Manage archives of all Learning Programs and Communications assets and secure through digital filing systems
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will bring the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of experience in office or project management
- Successful project management or account management experience
- Communications and marketing-specific experience, such knowledge of digital marketing platforms or digital asset production (video, graphic design, copywriting, websites, etc.) a plus
- Experience using project management tools, and drive to develop proficiency in a variety of digital marketing and communications tools
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams including subject matter experts, designers, web developers, and external consultants and partners to achieve deadline-driven goals and objectives
- Ability to adhere to and work within strong branding guidelines
- Self-discipline, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and motivation to prioritize and independently implement tasks
- Strong self-management skills and a propensity for using necessary tools to perform as an integral member of a virtual team (e.g. Wrike, Dropbox for Business, Google, Microsoft Teams and 365)
- Lifelong learner who stays up-to-date on current best practices and trends, follows industry blogs and thought leaders to gain insights and ideas
- Excellent communication skills (especially written)
- Strong attention to detail
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Subject line should read “[Your First and Last Name] Project Manager Associate Position.”
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 15, 2023