Join Land O’Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork, building vibrant communities along the way. We’re a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative, which means we work for one another-not Wall Street. We’re proud to rank a Top Workplace. We offer:
* Competitive compensation and rewards
* Best-in-class healthcare for you and your family
* Powerful savings programs
* Training and career progression
Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager is a highly-skilled, creative and driven communications consultant and strategist with exceptional skills in translating business objectives into strategic storytelling for public relations efforts and a variety of channels and audiences. This role works in partnership with a cross-functional team of communicators, marketers and functional leaders to develop and execute communications plans, surface stories and support initiatives that achieve business objectives in ways that protect and enhance the reputation of Land O’Lakes, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
* The Public Relations Manager brings the most strategic storylines of the organization to life in ways that drive greater alignment and understanding, compel increased engagement, evolve perceptions and change behaviors. The ideal candidate for this role has proven, exceptional writing and story-telling experience, with a proven track record in media relations. The position will help develop, edit and promote content for both earned and owned channels.
* Developing internal and external relationships to support and enhance public relations goals: Build, develop and enhance relationships with trade, local and national media, including tracking coverage, and, building knowledge and understanding of industry trends and how it intersects with priorities of the enterprise. Engage with the broader enterprise Communications team as well as business teams to thoroughly understand opportunities and issues. Build relationships with appropriate industry contacts and organizations supporting business priorities.
* Executing public relations priorities: Draft and prepare materials for appropriate channels and audiences, including communications plans and associated content such as news releases, aligned with business objectives and performance. Craft, share and promote content and stories appropriate to variety of channels.
* Strategic communications planning across external audiences: develop and enhance understanding of business priorities, opportunities and challenges and how external audiences perceive the organization; formulate effective communications and public relations strategies that support the audience needs and goals of the business units and functions. Monitor and track industry and company news.
* Support and utilize publishing tools and content management channels, as well as digital tools that help drive content visibility.
* Measure content effectiveness and continually refine creative content approaches to drive results. Develop and establish effective metrics, in line with industry best practice, to measure creative content aligned to business objectives and adjust approaches as needed. Demonstrate return on communication investment. Apply learnings from initiatives to future communication planning.
* Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field, with 6+ years of directly-related work experience, preferably with 4+ years in public relations. Experience working in a highly diverse, 5,000+ employee organizations.
* A self-starter, with demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively. Strong business acumen and executive presence.
* Excellent networking and relationship-building skills and confidence interacting with diverse stakeholders including media and leaders at all levels.
* Able to handle sensitive information using discretion and integrity.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; able to clearly articulate complex issues and formulate recommendations to a wide variety of audiences.
* Strong conceptual thinker able to think beyond the boundaries of his/her immediate responsibilities, function and business to those of the entire enterprise.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O’Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U ) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Associated topics: design, graphic, marketing, marketing manager, public relations, public relations specialist, reputation, sales, sales marketing, social media