$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data, and resources they need to feel their best.Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life s best work.SM
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it s all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you ll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you ll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
The United Healthcare at Home program is a longitudinal, integrated care delivery program that coordinates the delivery and provision of clinical care of members in their place of residence. The DSNP program combines clinicians providing intensive interventions customized to the needs of each individual, in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Care Team, which includes the clinician, the member s Primary Care Provider and other providers, and other professionals.
Hours: Monday Friday, 8:00am 5:00pm
Expect to spend about 50-75% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities in the local area. You ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations.
- Assess, plan, and implement care management interventions that are individualized for each patient and directed toward the most appropriate, least restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for both healthcare and community-based services; including but not limited to financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Develop and implement care plan interventions throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
- Identify appropriate interventions and resources to meet gaps (e.g., psychosocial, transportation, long-term care) based on specific consumer needs from both the health care and psychosocial / socioeconomic dimensions of care
- Document the plan of care in appropriate EHR systems and enter data per specified
- Maintain consumer engagement by establishing rapport, demonstrating empathy, and building a trusting relationship
- Collaborate with primary providers or multidisciplinary team to align or integrate goals to plan of care and drive consistent coordination of care
- Provide ongoing support for advanced care planning
- Reassess plan of care at appropriate intervals based on initial objectives, significant change of condition, or achievement of goals
- Understand and operate effectively/efficiently within legal/regulatory requirements
- Utilize evidence-based guidelines (e.g., medical necessity guidelines, practice standard)
- Make outbound calls and receive inbound calls to assess members’ current health status
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self-management
- Make referrals to outside sources
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
This is high volume, customer service environment. You’ll need to be efficient, productive, and thorough dealing with our members over the phone. Strong computer and software navigation skills are critical. You should also be strongly patient-focused and adaptable to changes.
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at:
You ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate’s Degree
- Active, unrestricted DC Registered Nurse (RN) license
- 1+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care facility
- 1+ years of experience providing community-based care management to members receiving long-term care, personal care services, private duty nursing, or home health
- Willing to commute/travel into the DC area
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Resident of the District of Columbia strongly preferred; consideration will be given to those outside of the District of Columbia within commutable distance
- Demonstrated competency working with Enrollees and/or families who require intensive case management services
- Experience in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Experience working with Home Care Based Services and/or patients in community and home-based settings
- Experience with case management, utilization review, discharge planning, concurrent review and/or risk management
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) certification
- Prior field-based work experience
- Knowledge of and experience with D.C. community organizations that offer resources that meet the needs of Enrollees and their families
- Knowledge of and experience with Medicaid LTSS and behavioral health services and service systems
- Ability to travel in assigned region to visit Dual Special Needs Plan members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals, or providers’ offices
- Strong computer skills including EHR documentation, MS Office, etc.
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged, and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign-on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location, and income deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups, and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, care unit, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse clinical, nurse rn, transitional