Pinnacol Assurance does just one thing, and does it better than anyone: provide caring workers’ compensation protection to Colorado employers and employees. And while we may be a little biased, we believe that our work shapes communities and changes lives.
We have big hearts and love big ideas. We celebrate continuous improvement, innovation, compassion, teamwork, integrity and excellence. Speaking of celebrating, we love having fun at work. We host holiday parties, on-site painting classes, and employees love our yoga classes and book club, too.
What you’ll do:
Provide expert customer service to internal and external stakeholders to expeditiously return injured workers back to work.
What you can expect:
* Contact policyholders and agents to discuss benefits, provide education, implement return to work program and build strategy to overcome obstacles of returning injured workers to work to reduce claim costs
* Facilitate communication to resolve questions between injured worker and policyholder and provide vocational counseling to assist with successful return to work outcomes
* Work with policyholder and facilitate appropriate methods of offering modified duty to ensure customers understanding
* Provide ergonomic evaluations and general ergonomic information to policyholders
* Provide stakeholder on-site review to create modified duty work which complies with prescribed work restrictions creating high level of customer service and reducing claim costs
* Develop and implement educational programs and or workshops for policyholders,providers, and agents (WC101 and Rule 6)
* Collaborate with claims representatives and medical case managers on catastrophic, complex, and post-MMI claims to strategize and identify appropriate return to work options to avoid and reduce litigation
* Identify proactively high loss policyholders and educate and assist in reducing overall indemnity claim costs for policyholders and Company to control loss costs and efficiencies
* Collaborate with claims, nursing, legal, underwriting, safety services, PNM to review critical information regarding claims and policy management and to educate internal stakeholders
* Champion on going learning to ensure best in class for industry leading trends and technology to create value to our internal and external customers
What you’ll bring to the table:
Masters’ Degree in vocational rehabilitation required. Completion of a degree is encouraged and supported. Minimum two years’ experience in job placement, job coaching, vocational development, and counseling. Certified Vocational Evaluation Specialist (CVE), or Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC), or Certified Case Manager (CCM), or Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS), or Certified Ergonomic Assessment Specialist (CEAS I, II, III) certificate strongly preferred.
We can’t do our work without people like you.
Our employees are extraordinary and committed to making a difference. Here’s some of the ways we show our appreciation.
* Our benefits go beyond the basics. You’ll get to choose from diverse benefit offerings for medical, dental and vision.
* We care about each other. We enjoy a positive, collaborative work environment. We are hard workers and high performers.
* Take a day (or 20!) off. Enjoy 20 paid days off your first full year plus eight paid holidays annually.
* Take care of yourself. Sign up for unique wellness programs, including on-site, company-paid fitness facilities and classes
* Get your learning on. We promote a learning culture to help you master your current job and cultivate the skills of the future through a variety of on-site, online, and off-site professional development opportunities.
* Give back and get paid. Through our employee volunteer program, Pinnacol in Action, employees receive paid time off to volunteer with Colorado nonprofits.
* Share in our success. You’ll have the opportunity to earn a quarterly incentive, up to 20 percent of your annual base salary, when your team exceeds their goals and objectives.
When we find the right person, we try to put our best foot forward with an offer that excites you. We consider what you’d like to be paid, what similar jobs pay in the Denver area and make sure there’s equal pay for equal work among those you’ll be working with.
Want to love your work? Apply today!
Associated topics: culinary, fire, heating ventilation air conditioning, helicopter, marketplace, medical billing, programming, tool, trade school, vocational