Who is YouthLink?
YouthLink is a recognized leader in the Twin Cities and beyond for our work to build pathways of opportunity for homeless youth and youth in crisis ages 16 24. Our model is based on providing support through outreach, handling basic needs, intervention, and aftercare. Our youth-focused team provides innovative, evidence-based services that guide youth on a holistic level toward futures of education, employment, health and wellness, housing stability and aftercare.
YouthLink is Youth Focused organization where diversity and inclusion are valued and welcomed. Are you people centered, innovative, client focused, ethical, patient, dependable, confident, ambitious, and caring? Then you are a perfect fit at YouthLink. Here at YouthLink, we believe in work/life balance and recognize how important it is to our families. We are looking for a Case Manager to join our team and help us advance our mission.
As a Case Manager focused on svictimized youth, you will be responsible for providing referral and support services to individuals who are struggling with homelessness, mental health, substance use and behavioral issues. This position coordinates Victimized youth referrals and placements for immediate youth needs, including shelter and medical treatment. Additionally, assists youth involved in Safe Harbor in obtaining public benefits when eligible (e.g. Medicaid, food stamps, housing and childcare subsidies) and assists trafficked and victimized youth obtaining self-sufficiency through appropriate referrals for housing, counseling, financial counseling, job readiness programs, and higher education. Lastly, this position will also be expected to engage with the community to increase awareness and train staff to integrate SEY/Victimization to enhance resources for these youth and also do some mobile outreach. Come take this journey with us!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a minimal waiting period which includes, but not limited to: Health insurance subsidized at 90%, dental insurance, 401(k), company paid life insurance, a holiday program (11 + 2 floating holidays), generous sick and vacation time off that begins accruing immediately upon hire, continuing education, and growth opportunities.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Work Schedule: Typically, Monday Friday, must have flexibility to work in the day, evening and occasional weekends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities and or Competencies required to successfully perform the work:
- Strong commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office applications as well as exhibit an ability to learn and utilize handheld applications systems and other electronic recording systems.
- A high degree of professionalism and ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Consistent ability to perform and contribute positively in a diverse, collaborative team environment.
- Ability to coordinate care, delegate tasks, provide referrals and problem solve as needed.
- Dynamic energy, ability to multi-task and negotiate multiple demands on attention.
- Demonstrate an ability to utilize continuous improvement techniques and quality research methods to optimize overall program operation and build community relationships.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively both individually and as part of a professional team.
- Must have a driving record that is acceptable to the company’s Vehicle Use policy.
Required Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification required for entry into position:
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working with sexually exploited and victimized homeless youth.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with community engagement of SEY/Victimized youth.
- Valid Driver’s License and current automobile insurance.
Associated topics: business development, case manager, case management, development manager, liaison, manage, office manager, plan, project development, resource development