Your time at work should be fulfilling.
Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities.
Registered Nurse, RN
Days, 8a – 430p
ResponsibilitiesJob Summary / Job Purpose
The Registered Nurse functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who contributes to the success the practice by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Will utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected patient populations and their families.
* Perform general nursing care to patients by following established standards and procedures.
* Obtain patient consent for care and ensures patient confidentiality.
* Obtain and document health history, information on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses disease condition.
* Provide patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
* Execute prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitor and document treatment progress and patient response. Refer to/consult with physicians, other health providers, and community resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns.
* Educate patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
* Document patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
* Participate in multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
* Track quality assurance data and monitor for acute and chronic care management.
* May act as team lead for other nursing staff.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
* Current/valid Registered Nurse license from the state licensing board required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
Experience (required and preferred):
* 1 year related experience in a clinic or acute hospital nursing setting required.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) ###-#### and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, coronary, hospice, infusion, intensive, intensive care unit, registed, staff nurse, surgical