Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This is a telephonic, RN Case Mgr. position supporting our LTSS (Long Term Services and Supports) members in the Tidewater region. You will be given the training and equipment to work from a home office. You must have a high speed internet connection.
The Nurse Case Mgr. I is responsible for performing care management within the scope of licensure for members with complex and chronic care needs by assessing, developing, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating care plans designed to optimize member health care across the care continuum.
Performs duties telephonically or on-site such as at hospitals for discharge planning.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Ensures member access to services appropriate to their health needs.
* Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and a specific care management plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
* Implements care plan by facilitating authorizations/referrals as appropriate within benefits structure or through extra-contractual arrangements.
* Coordinates internal and external resources to meet identified needs.
* Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of the care management plan and modifies as necessary.
* Interfaces with Medical Directors and Physician Advisors on the development of care management treatment plans.
* Negotiates rates of reimbursement, as applicable.
* Assists in problem solving with providers, claims or service issues.
Requires a BA/BS in a health related field; a minimum of 3 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
* Current, unrestricted RN license in Virginia is required.
* Certification as a Case Manager is preferred.
* Case management experience, coordination of care, and knowledge of local community services and resources preferred.
* Managed care, long term care, Medicaid exp. preferred.
* Computer skills: MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
You must be comfortable working on a computer. You will be using a laptop- inputting and updating member data, researching information on various web-based applications, and often using multiple screens simultaneously.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Associated topics: asn, ccu, mhb, nurse, psychatric, psychiatric, recovery, registed, tcu, transitional