Long Island non-profit agency seeks strong team player. Bachelor’s degree and 5 years accounting exp. And strong computer skills a must. Non-profit experience and CFR knowledge a plus. Responsibilities supervision of staff, analysis and reconciliation of G/L accounts, journal entries, voucher preparation, MEDICAID billing, monthly close, financial statement preparation, audit lead, bank rec’s, and A/P. Software used: Accu-Data Payroll, G/L-Fund-EZ, EXCEL. Benefits: vacation, health, dental, vision, life and 401K.
Position Title: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Reports To: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER, VICE PRESIDENT
Major Responsibility: Performs professional accounting work in maintaining accounting records of which an advanced knowledge in accounting and systems implementation would be required. Preparing reports and assisting in establishing new accounting systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Maintain a varied and complex set of accounting records, post entries to these books from supporting records; make adjusting entries.
2. Responsible for all aspects of Way to Grow billing.
- Assists CFO in establishing new accounting systems and procedures.
- Supervises junior accounting staff.
5. Prepare analysis of accounts and reports as required.
6. Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
7. Prepare and submit claims as required.
8. Performs internal audits on accounts, payroll, invoices and expenditures to prove mathematical correctness.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles in FUND ACCOUNTING.
2. Ability to apply knowledge to accounting transactions.
3. Ability to prepare accounting reports as required.
4. Ability to supervise junior accounting staff.
5. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
6. Strong computer skills: WINDOWS, EXCEL, WORD, ACESS, ACCU-Data software, database applications.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting and five years experience.
Five years experience in an Accounting position of equal diversity and responsibilities