• Interact with students in a developmental appropriate manner.
• Accompany students to and from destinations.
• Provide support to the instructional program, field trips, and student activities.
• Provide direct supervision to students throughout the day.
• Work with individual students to reinforce learning of material initially presented by the teacher.
• Assist with the implementation of the positive discipline policy.
• Maintain a primary care group and complete developmental screenings.
• Accurate Listening
• Attitude Towards Honesty
• Handling Stress
• Human Awareness
• Internal Self Control
• Monitoring Others
• Developing Others
• Monitoring Others
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
In the nature of being at a school environment there may be times you experience conditions in which challenging behavior can be exhibited from our youth to include but not limited to, physical agitation, physical violence and/or emotion outburst.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work. Eligible for flex schedule. Essential for snow?
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma plus related experience.
- 90/45 Hour Certification
Preferred Education and Experience
CDA – if you do not have, we can accomodate you with the classes once hired
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrate familiarity with cultural patterns existing within a community that may influence the behavior of children.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic principles of childcare.
- Establish appropriate relationships with students and parents on a group and individual basis, gaining their confidence and trust.
- Accept supervision and feedback.
- Work flexible hours including some evenings, as needed.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Able to work cooperatively with others
- CPR/First Aid
- Valid Driver’s License
- Federal and State Fingerprinting Background Checks
- Drug screening (Pre-Employment and Random)