Jefferson Center for Mental Health is looking to fill their Veteran and Military Family Clinician role at their Wheat Ridge, Colorado location. The Veteran and Military Family Clinician is an important role within Jefferson Center that focuses on the mental health needs of veterans and their families within the military community.
Jefferson Center is looking for someone who exhibits leadership, enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility and the spirit of cooperation in the work environment. Can multi-task, work independently, problem-solve and remain positive while working both independently and with a team. The Veteran and Military Family Clinician should have strong writing, editing and verbal communication skills. Customer service skills and meet deadlines.
Carry a clinical caseload of veteran and military family clients. Provide trauma-informed individual and group mental health treatment to adults, children, youth, and families. Foster relationships and partnerships within the military community that are beneficial to the program. Provide intermittent crisis intervention and suicide prevention care. Conduct occasional outreach and education to the military community, general community, and Jefferson Center staff regarding Veteran Services and mental health issues.
* Provides individual and group mental health treatment to adults, children, youth, and families.
* Experience with TF-CBT, CPT, EMDR, CAMS is preferred but not required
* Consistently utilizes PCOMS and trauma screening and assessments
* Conducts community assessment of veterans and military families to determine their mental health needs, as well as access existing resources in the community.
* Builds and fosters community relationships with the military community to include active duty, National Guard and Reserves; Veteran Service Organizations, family readiness groups, chaplains, Tri-Care primary care medical providers, higher education veteran organizations, Red Rocks Community College, local police jurisdictions, Yellow Ribbon event coordinators and community veteran focused organizations.
* Conducts occasional outreach and education to the military community, general community, and Jefferson Center staff regarding Veteran Services and mental health issues.
* Works cooperatively with other community agencies, as appropriate, and in agreement with supervisor. Volunteers to work on Center committees and/or task forces.
* May participate as an expert in the Trauma Informed Care and Zero Suicide Core Implementation Teams.
* Exhibits leadership, enthusiasm, courtesy, adaptability, flexibility and the spirit of cooperation in the work environment.
* Attends mandatory in-services, compliance with individualized training plan.
* Participates in supervision by coming prepared with an agenda. Reports high risk/problem cases, and utilizes a problem solving approach as well as feedback. Attends supervision at times and intervals agreed upon with supervisor.
* Maintains effective and trauma-informed interpersonal relations with consumers, peers, subordinates, upper management, visitors and the general public.
* Effectively responds to client needs and problems, initiates and maintains positive interactions, timely response to phone calls, email and other requests.
* Ensures that fee collections meet the team goal as determined by Network Director.
* As assigned.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
* Master’s degree plus two or more years related experience and/or training in trauma informed clinical practices.
* LCSW or LPC required.
* CAC preferred, but not required.
* Prior military service is strongly preferred, or in-depth knowledge of military culture.
* Strong writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills needed in interactions with the military community and within the organization of Jefferson Center
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, manage workflow, and meet deadlines
* Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team
* Positive attitude, enthusiasm for the work
* Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point