TREAD LIGHTLY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Status: Full time
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and 401K
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
About Tread Lightly! Tread Lightly! and its strategic partners lead a national initiative to protect and enhance recreation access, promote outdoor ethics, and improve stewardship to maintain healthy ecosystems for thriving populations of fish and wildlife. Through a myriad of programs and training, we educate recreationists on the importance of treading lightly through our award-winning programs.
Performance expectations: Tread Lightly! (TL!) is seeking a full-time Executive Director to provide strategic direction, oversee operations, spearhead key partnerships and offer leadership for all aspects of the organization to support the larger mission. With a visionary and relationship-driven approach, the Executive Director ensures consistency of internal and external activities.
Professional competencies: Strategic, agile and self-directed. Excellent verbal, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Superior leadership skills with the ability to inspire confidence and build key relationships. Proven fundraising ability. Budget oriented. Politically savvy.
Conditions of employment: Full time with extensive travel.
Responsibilities/Proven track record in: Within the parameters of the Tread Lightly! Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and Policies, the Executive Director is responsible for the following:
- Strategic direction:
- Report to the Board of Directors to implement the TL! strategic direction set by the Board of Directors as the leading outdoor ethics organization in the nation.
- Demonstrate and develop the TL! core values.
- Business acumen:
- Demonstrated financial acumen with significant past P&L responsibility.
- A track record of managing revenue targets and adapting expenses as needed.
- Unwavering professionalism with the highest ethical standards.
- Proven track record of results, specifically with successful fundraising activities and obtaining grants.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets to meet operational, fiduciary and multi-year objectives.
- Uphold high-quality branding and protection of the brand/related symbols.
- Key relationship management:
- Ability to professionally present to, interact with, and implement feedback from a diverse board of directors.
- Foster and maintain relationships with state/federal/governmental agencies, private organizations, conservation and recreation groups, colleges and universities and companies to garner funding and maximize offerings.
- Ensure internal and external organizational accountability and compliance.
- High-energy leadership that inspires and empowers staff to reach goals by identifying individual strengths and career paths.
- Motivate and manage through best practices to strategically and efficiently advance the mission.
- Design implement and direct multiple complex projects through creativity.
- Oversee human resources: personnel, compensation, and active recruiting.
- Oversee all organizational fundraising activities: corporate, memberships, and volunteers.
- Achieve fundraising growth that furthers the mission of the organization and enables expansion of stewardship programs.
- Excellent public speaking, presentation, and written/oral communication.
- Ability to compose effective appeals for membership, donors, and volunteers.
- Decisive decision-maker with the ability to analyze data, prioritize actions, and communicate information internally and externally to build consensus.
- Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Existing relationships preferred (state and federal agencies, private organizations, conservation and recreation groups, companies, etc.).
- 5 years of experience in the management of a professional association, non-profit organization, or related managerial/supervisory experience.
- Personal passion for, and commitment to, outdoor recreation and access.