Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 15 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social-emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging over 25 years of experience serving over 133,000 children with the support of more than 58,000 college students and community volunteers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
Jumpstart seeks a Vice President of Marketing, Communications and Brand who has a proven track record of strong leadership, team development, and leveraging innovation to drive profitable growth.
This newly created position, which reports directly to the Chief Development and Marketing Officer (CDMO), requires a highly experienced leader who can develop and coordinate Jumpstart’s sales, marketing, and communications strategy to support the organization’s five-year Strategic Plan and Growth Capital Campaign. The Vice President must have experience driving revenue across digital platforms and mapping the donor/partner journey and alignment with appropriate initiatives.
The Vice President of Marketing, Communications & Brand is a leadership position in the Development Division and provides oversight to Jumpstart’s Marketing, Communications, Events, and Dynamic Sales teams in support of Jumpstart’s combined revenue goals, including private, public, government and earned sales.
This is a unique opportunity for the individual in this role to lead Jumpstart’s marketing and sales expansion into the Business to Consumer (B2C) sector and become the premier player in the industry of Early Childhood Education curriculum.
The ideal candidate is fully aligned with Jumpstart’s Vision, Mission, and Values and has demonstrated their abilities via the specific responsibilities listed below.
- As a growth driver, create and deliver a plan to achieve sustainable profitable growth for Jumpstart.
- As a customer advocate, drive Jumpstart’s evolution to partner/customer centricity with a strict focus on building sustainable relationships.
- Through engaged leadership and role modeling, retain, develop, and attract an agile, best-in-class team to ensure that Jumpstart is seen as an industry differentiator.
- As a player/coach, check ego at the door and understand the role requires the ability and perspective of ‘rolling up your sleeves’ and leading by example.
- As an innovation driver, leverage innovation (new technology platforms) to achieve organizational goals.
- As a brand advocate, champion the development of the Jumpstart brand and engage consumers across Jumpstart’s footprint in the narrative.
- Significant years (10-15+) of marketing experience, influencing the marketing performance for brands based on your track record and industry experience.
- Broad knowledge of organizational transformation and leadership agility; ability to negotiate the culture and be an agent of change if needed.
- Experience with news media; as well as knowledge and proficiency in social media platforms from consumer and marketing standpoint.
- Proven ability to understand web analytics and how to use them for decision-making.
- Leadership experience in sales, marketing and driving brand awareness.
- Experience in building strategic thought leadership plans to support executive leadership.
- Prior experience in digital transformation and multi-channel expansion of a well-respected brand in a fast-growing market.
- Extensive experience with brand building and management.
- A demonstrated track record of managing and optimizing budgets to achieve KPIs, marketing performance and growth, and creating national brand recognition for a growing organization.
- Ability to be the executive producer of events, as well as leader of the events team.
- Strong professional cross-functional visibility and experience.
- Ability to lead, develop and mentor a high-performing team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or equivalent, relevant professional experience.
- Experience and comfort working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and communities, and demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations as necessary for completion of job duties.
- Commitment to Jumpstart’s core values of learning, social justice, community, joy, and inclusive leadership.
- Master’s level or other advanced degree.
- A combination of previous leadership and execution in high-growth companies and non-profit organizations a plus.
- Prior experience/interest in social justice or diversity, equity, or inclusion work.
Approximately 20% local, regional, and/or national travel
No later than June 2021 (desired start date, yet position open until filled)
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary – $160,000 – $175,000 commensurate with education and experience; along with excellent benefits and a great mission-driven work environment
Please complete an online application at https://www.jstart.org/about/careers/. Both a cover letter and resume are required to complete your application. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Candidates will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please upload/attach your resume to your applicant profile as well as your cover letter.
Jumpstart for Young Children, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital or parental status, amnesty, political affiliation, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws with respect to employment opportunities. Please visit our website at www.jstart.org.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.