McWhinney is a privately held full service real estate development, investment and management company with a team of highly talented associates. We are passionate about creating great places for people and providing fabled experiences. We are “evergreen,” which means that we constantly strive to prosper in all phases of the real estate cycle. at McWhinney, we attract and retain the best and brightest in the industry and are constantly building our team to achieve our goals. The VP Marketing will champion company goals and create a vision for delivering on those goals through effective marketing strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Compile, analyze Market data, category data and financial information to determine marketing needs and trends.
* Leads the strategy and development of all marketing and collateral materials for McWhinney corporate consistent with brand standards.
* Direct brand development to improve clarity on brand essence, targeting and segmentation. Solicit consumer insight to sharpen strategy.
* Closely work with development team to deliver an effective marketing platform to various customer bases.
* Responsible for protecting brand equity with innovative design thats true to the brand and resonates with our customers.
* Work with executive team on new product development in conducting competitive reviews, market assessments, concept development, category data analysis, business analysis and market testing to successfully introduce new products or services to customers.
* Improve systems for tracking and reporting the effectiveness of marketing programs. Use metrics to guide the prioritization of initiatives that achieve results with maximum efficiency.
* Assists with the creation and production of proposal documents for pursuit projects including RFP, RFQ, build-to-suit proposals. Create consistently across product line.
* Works closely with project teams and obtains buy in to develop meaningful and impactful experiences for our customers, includes event programs and collateral.
* Fields and directs all responses to media-related inquiries and manage accuracy of public relations. Works with executive team to manage and develop public relations responses and communication.
* Create innovative programs to increase market penetration and brand awareness. Develop and execute tactics with influencers across multiple channels.
* Efficiently leverages external resources to manage McWhinney booked business.
* Develops contacts and relationships with marketing firms, PR firms, and media representatives to create opportunities for keeping the company, its associates, and its products or services in front of public and the trade.
* Develop negotiation strategies and lead negotiations with vendors on price, delivery, industry-leading terms and conditions and coordinate with CFO on contracts to execute optimal contracts with vendors
* Manage vendors’ qualification and performance by establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for each marketing subcategory
* Develops and maintains a comprehensive digital and print media strategy that defines how all marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all McWhinney brands and products and keeps it up to date and relevant.
* Supervise the marketing team capabilities and competencies to effectively deliver results while building a high-functioning team.
* Challenge project teams to think differently and help insure project teams present content and collateral at the highest level with confidence and always brings the McWhinney A game.
* Manage idea generation and review on new products or services; monitor and provide innovative ideas on marketing process; and monitor continuous improvement of process.
* Improve the usability, design, content and conversion of the company website, social media, and SEO.
* Technology & Thought Leadership: In conjunction with the VP of Information Technology, and McWhinney partners, develop technology-focused content that builds awareness of McWhinneys values and focus to ongoing sustainability efforts, commitment to the community, and work toward building fabled experiences.
* Responsible for the development and tactical implementation of annual budget and marketing strategy.
* Position requires frequent travel to customer sites and McWhinney office locations.