Vice President of Strategic Philanthropy
Anchorum St. Vincent (Anchorum) seeks a dynamic and experienced nonprofit leader to serve as its Vice President of Strategic Philanthropy (VP-SP). The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with a passion for building relationships and leading initiatives to address the chronic social and economic issues affecting individuals and families across New Mexico.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP-SP is accountable for Anchorum's expanding portfolio of community investments and grantmaking initiatives. The VP-SP is part of Anchorum's senior management team and serves as the principal advisor on all matters related to Anchorum's program strategy, policies, grantmaking operations, and impact investing. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with community partners from around the region to improve the deeply interconnected systems influencing the social determinants of health, identify strategic opportunities to invest in the success, strength, and expertise of nonprofit service providers, and launch innovative, locally informed approaches to improve the overall health status of communities across this diverse region. Leading these activities requires experience and knowledge of assessing the barriers to health and prosperity across the region and then developing relationships and tools to create innovative and community-informed solutions.
Anchorum St. Vincent is a health foundation based in Santa Fe that is re-imagining health and well-being across New Mexico. With the senior management team, the VP-SP will play a critical and exciting leadership role in launching the organization's new strategy, branding, and website, scheduled for late 2023.
The role is an on-site position based in the scenic and culturally rich city of Santa Fe, NM.
In this role, the VP-SP will:
• Provide critical leadership for the organization's philanthropic programs and initiatives and promote cooperation across Anchorum's grantmaking areas. The VP-SP will help concentrate Anchorum's programmatic work on the social determinants of health under the strategic priority of Building Healthy Communities.
• Help shape Anchorum's investments in the capacity building of nonprofits and systems throughout the region to ensure that the nonprofits serving throughout the region have the right tools to support their communities.
• Guide the development of overarching strategies, tactics, and evaluation metrics across Anchorum's programmatic work, and ensure the quality, credibility, and potential impact of grantee work products and materials Anchorum produces.
• Recruit, develop, and supervise a growing team of staff and networked consultants.
• Strengthen Anchorum's outreach, influence, and ongoing communications of the work of Anchorum. In collaboration with the CEO, the VP-SP will be a trusted spokesperson for Anchorum and is expected to represent the organization as required professionally.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of eight to ten years in progressive leadership roles, preferably in a health foundation or other philanthropic or nonprofit organization, along with at least five years' experience in a leadership position. Candidates should have a Bachelor's Degree; a Master's Degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
The estimated salary range for this position is $150k-215k, depending on experience.
WittKieffer is assisting Anchorum St. Vincent in this search. The search process is currently underway and will continue until the position is filled. Please direct all nominations and resumes to the WittKieffer team via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the WittKieffer Candidate Portal. The Candidate Portal is a secure, easy way to nominate a colleague, express interest, or apply for a position.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.