Lonsdale Elementary – Knoxville, TN
$15.00 – $15.00
Nonprofit – Social Services
If you are available andwant experienceworking with Pre-K through 5th grade youth, we would love to have you apply at our Lonsdale Elementary Club for a Youth Development Associate. The pay is $15.00/hour (approximately 20 hours per week) and if you enjoy working with youth in a new school, this is your opportunity! This positionwill report to the club director, Ms. Alicia Lewis-Gallardo.
SUMMARY: The Part-Time Youth Development Associate implements exciting activities and lessons to youth to promote out-of-school learning opportunities in a fun and safe environment.
- Implement programs and activities in areas such as tutoring, technology, games, health, recreation, arts and crafts, etc. for youth of all ages.
- Develop and follow weekly lesson plans under the direction of Program, Education, and Club Directors.
- Post weekly plans for parents/guardians and youth.
- Encourage full participation in activities.
- Identify alternative activities that correspond with weekly lesson plans to promote full participation.
- Supervise and monitor program areas to ensure safety of members.
- Participate in staff meetings and collaborate with Club team.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the Club per state and company standards.
- Provide meals to youth per United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) standards.
- Provide mild disciplinary action to youth.
- Supervise youth on school busses.
- Attend Club programs, activities, field trips, and other special events.
- Create bulletin boards for youth.
- Orient volunteers to the Club, youth, and service opportunities. Oversee volunteers serving within the Club.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to effectively collaborate, staff, directors, youth, and the community.
- Ability to meet the needs of youth of all ages and backgrounds and to modify lesson plans to meet individual needs.
- Efficiently use standard office equipment such as printers, fax machines, and phones
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to remain active and energetic for 6+ hours.
- 18+ years of age
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of experience with youth preferred
- Must pass local, state, and national criminal background checks
- Must pass initial drug screening and subsequent drug tests
- CPR Certification (certification offered by Boys & Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley post-hire)
- Passion for children!
Associated topics: business development, development, development manager, liaison, manage, office manager, plan, project, program development, project management