Trinity Executive Partnership is assisting St. Jude League/Claretian Publications in the recruitment of an Executive Director.
Founded in 1929 by the Claretian Missionaries, the National Shrine of St. Jude and the St. Jude League bring together hundreds of thousands of devotees in a community of prayer and hope. The League provides the path for petitions of need and gratitude to be delivered directly to the altar of St. Jude at the National Shrine each week. These petitions are remembered in the Masses and prayers of the Claretian Missionaries at the National Shrine. The St. Jude League also provides members with materials for prayer and reflection that can help inspire and encourage their spiritual life.
The Executive Director will lead the mission-driven St. Jude League/Claretian Publications organization (the League); promote devotion to St. Jude; raise funds for the Claretian Missionaries; provide support services to Claretian ministries; oversee a vital publishing ministry, including a national Catholic general-interest publication (U.S. Catholic magazine); direct a senior leadership team; and collaborate with the Assistant Treasurer of the Claretian Missionaries (Province) on matters related to the interaction of the League and the Province. The Executive Director reports to the Provincial Council, Provincial Treasurer, Director of the St. Jude League, Editor-in-Chief US Catholic and Finance Committee.
- Provide visionary leadership in the formulation and successful execution of St. Jude League/Claretian Publications (SJL/CP) goals and strategies, including financials, in furtherance of the Claretian mission.
- Appreciate and cultivate an understanding of the Claretian mission while viewing organizational decision-making and change management through the lens of this mission and in keeping with the organizational culture.
- Develop and implement measurable objectives, budgets, and funding strategies in a timely manner.
- Provide collaborative leadership in maintaining a positive and productive working relationship among the Provincial Council, the Province Finance Committee, the Provincial Treasurer’s office, employees and the Claretian communities.
- Lead, develop, motivate, supervise and maintain a highly effective, productive and cohesive senior leadership team committed to the Claretian mission.
- Collaborate with staff to establish fundraising goals. Identify and cultivate major prospective donors and maintain positive relations with current and past contributors of significant gifts.
- Work with staff and with the Claretian Treasurer’s Office in preparing an annual operating budget and ensure the organization operates within budget guidelines; regularly monitor budgets and cash flow information provided by the Finance Director.
- Effectively manage resources of the organization, provide accountability for all financial matters and be able to respond promptly to inquiries for information.
- Effectively manage resources of the organization consistent with the Claretian mission; including salary administration, policy development, and grievance management in collaboration with the Human Resources Manager.
- Keep the Provincial Council fully informed of the development of the organization so that the Council can carry out its governance function.
- St. Jude League/Claretian Publications should support and assist the Claretians in their various ministries.
- BS or BA degree
- Master degree desirable
- 7 or more years of proven management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Design and writing skills preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Extensive knowledge in a variety of administrative areas with proven skills in short and long range planning, finance/accounting, and effective team building
- Knowledge of organizational development required
- Knowledge of fund-raising, marketing and design
- An understanding of a Donor Data Base
- Willingness to participate in the annual National Catholic Development Conference and workshops
- Awareness of use in Direct Mail Promotion and Digital Platforms
- A collaborative and participative management style is required
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith and devotional life is required, as is support of Catholic values as reflected in the Claretian Mission
The St. Jude League/Claretian Publications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To view the full position profile, please visit TEP’s website, www.trinityexecutivepartnership.com, under “Selected Positions.”
To submit a cover letter and resume, please email: Marnie Kane, Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org. For inquiries, please contact: Richard D. Sbarbaro, Managing Partner, Phone: 708-531-0100.